Friday, June 20, 2008

Let Me Be Your WOMAN

I can see it in your eyes
your not telling me the truth.

Bits and pieces of the story
to win my glory and praise.

I must admit you had me in a daze
for a while.

It took years to finally
make it through the maze.

Now, I understand your plan.

I once heard you say
I like them young- cute and lame
cause a brother like you got plenty of game.

Well, I'm young, I'm cute, lame?
those shoes don't fit me.

I'm caught up to your slang, you'll see!

I might not have a college degree
but common sense comes naturally.

Would it hurt you to take a minute
or two to sit down and listen.

I understand that you're the man
that has the stronger hand, but
I am woman if we work together
we can reach the promise land
"While on Earth".

Lets give birth to the old way of thinking
and start with the new you believe in me
and I believe in you.

I might be right sometimes
listen you might find.

So, glance my way and give me a chance.

I don't want to be the man
just your right hand!

Sincerely,
WOMAN

No comments: